Do you ever just wake up and realize you NEED peanut butter cookies? Me too. Phew, glad you agree.
These cookies are soft and chewy, and simply loaded with chocolate chunks. They aren’t too sweet and have just the right amount of peanutty goodness. If you are dealing with peanut butter cookie cravings then you need to make these!
Last week at the chocolate factory, we were working on a lot of batches of our PB&Joy chocolate bars. That chocolate has roasted peanuts ground into it and some salt. And since we use a cacao bean that naturally has a very fruity taste, the bar comes out tasting like peanut butter and jam. It’s seriously delicious.
The Perfect Cookie Chocolate
Part of the week last week was also very hot. Which unfortunately meant we had a melty batch of bars that had to be remelted. Most of the chocolate that doesn’t turn out simply gets remelted and we try it again. Since there was a lot from this batch, I took home some of the bars. And I was hit with a pretty huge urge to make cookies.
Now, Hubby isn’t a fan of peanut butter cookies (because he’s silly). But that meant I couldn’t keep these around the house or else I would just eat them all. And though eating nothing but cookies SOUNDS like fun idea, realistically I would probably just pass out. So I brought them to work, and no joke they were ALL gone in about 3 days! Apparently everyone was craving cookies this week!
In this recipe, I used crunchy all natural peanut butter. I don’t like my peanut butter cookies to be too sweet. And since the chocolate isn’t ultra sweet either these cookies come out nutty and just perfectly salty-sweet. There honestly isn’t much more to say about these cookies other than that they are delicious, soft, nutty and you should make them. Join me in my peanut butter cookie love this week!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Softened Butter I use Salted for an extra salty peanut taste, but use whatever you prefer.
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups Crunchy All Natural Peanut Butter
- 2 cups Chopped Hummingbird Chocolate PB& Joy Chocolate Or which ever dark chocolate you have on hand, chopped into large and small pieces.
- Heat your oven to 350F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper, and set aside.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
- In another large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugars until they are pale and fluffy. I use a hand mixer and this takes about 4 minutes.
- One at a time, add your eggs. Thoroughly mix them after each addition. Add the vanilla and the peanut butter and blend until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and stir together partially with a wooden spoon. Before completely mixing, add the chocolate and mix fully.
- Using a large tablespoon or an ice cream scoop, scoop rounded tablespoons of dough onto your prepared trays.
- Bake for 5 minutes, rotate and bake for 4-6 more minutes or until the cookies are puffed up and just beginning to golden on the edges. You want them to still feel slightly raw in the centers. They will continue to cook internally after coming out of the oven and will be the perfect soft texture once cooled.
- Cool on racks fully. Store in an airtight container. They will be good for 1-2 weeks sealed tight. These cookies also freeze well both cooked and as raw dough.